Monday, April 28, 2008
Monday, April 21, 2008
But I love the idea that our thoughts and emotions can have such a more substantial impact on our lives is great. I love that idea. Though the idea also worries me considering how screwed up most of the world is. I remember a movie I watched where the Devil or Antichrist tried to get the entire world to communicate in one thought and with all this conscienceness focused on one idea could make that idea come true. So theoretically all these thoughts believing that God didn't exist could erase God from existence.
Also a book I read when the people stopped believing in their gods, those gods slowly disappeared and cease to exist without faith or belief holding them in exist.
This idea is amazing thought.
What I want to take away from this class. Hmmm. I want to be able to take an idea and think about it in a different away. I really liked the fork assignment. I'm sure most of the projects didn't live up to Beth's expectations but it was our first class and we were just starting out. But that project started me thinking and wondering what I could do with this fork? It was a good start that got my hopes up about the rest of the class. We started sitting around talking why this class isn't working the way it should instead of just going on, doing more assignments that would change our way of thinking. Too much sitting around talking about what to do than actually doing.
Monday, April 14, 2008
What about connections to each other? I grew up in North Vernon, Indiana. Right in the middle of Columbus, Seymour and Madison. It is the white speck on chicken crap. I was in the marching band, screw you I was only in it to be in jazz band. We went to Disney World and I rode a roller coaster that ended in an arcade. I'm in the arcade playing a racing game and a guy that I was in school with that wasn't in band walked up and starting talking to me. WTF? I'm across the country and I run into I know? It is a small world. So guys even if it is a different zip code don't cheat on your girl. Even if you're in Oregon through the connection of friends and relatives it can get back to your girl in even smalltown, Indiana.
With the popularity of MySpace and Facebook and what other mediums you kids use now a days connections are made even more. Though the strengths? feelings? between those connections are not as strong as before. Friends that you meet in person and hang out with the connection with them are stronger than someone you are friends with online. You can pour your heart and all your secrets to someone online but how can you be truly connected to them than someone you actually meet and hang out with. It's easy to tell your secrets out to someone that you don't see face to face because if they can't meet you how can they truly judge you?
Monday, February 18, 2008
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Monday, February 11, 2008
This is what moved me. I tried to find a better photo but this one works. I was a big Spin City fan when it was on television. Michael J. Fox has been one of my favorite actors for a long time. I watched this show as much as I could while it was on the air. After about six seasons Micheal J. Fox could no longer continue the show because he has Parkinson's disease and it was becoming too hard to act and keep control of himself. The final two episodes were very well done. You could feel the emotions from the actors, not just from their characters but the actors themselves, who have worked with him so long, gave such great emotions that they'll miss him you couldn't not feel it. Watching someone in a show for so many years helps become close to the character. You learn everything about that character and you become close to that character.
Movies like Old Yeller have that kind of impact. These movies and shows have masters the writing, music, and characters they can use to control the viewers emotions to make them feel a certain way. They can cause strong emotions in even the toughest male.
Thursday, February 7, 2008
To have a huge unique experience you need to go further than a block. I'm not saying experiences can't happen but big experiences happen outside our little blocks.
Monday, February 4, 2008
I didn't like the PBS art shows that we watched. The art that some of the people did was cool and how they did it was cool also, but some of the things just didn't seem like an art or business that someone could make a life with. The man that caught air in balloon and it made "music". I didn't see any art in that. It was kinda cool for a few minutes then it was like, man get a life.
I really liked the Cathedral. It had sadness but also had some happiness. The art was beautiful and the landscape. The story was simple but also had a good impact. The man that seemed scared and lost and becomes part of this ever growing Cathedral. It is a great piece.
Humans in their late teens and early twenties begin to notice they have special abilities.
The abilities of humans, who realize that they are normal besides their abilities. Certain organizations and governments begin to take notice.
Governments try to cover up and deny the rumor of humans with super abilities. Some governments begin studying these humans with abilities. Most foreign governments begin doing horrible experiments to understand this power. All government goals are to learn how these powers work and if they can be developed in anyone and how the can be used for defense and in the worst case, offense.
Reports of people in distress, all over the world, being helped by "superheroes". Also reports of banks being robbed by people with "abilities".
With a week filled with reports of wonders and news reports the governments finally recognize that there are people with super "abilities". With the abilities that are being reported from flying to invisibility and super strength the public is in panic.
The public is afraid of these people with abilities. People with abilities either hide their abilities because they think they are freaks or because they know it will protect them. Places start popping up all over the world where people with abilities can go and not feel persecuted.
Supposedly from the popular X-Men movies powerful people start demanding that people with special abilities must register themselves and their abilities so the government can keep track of these people to help with civilian protection.
After a month a committees and protesters, the promoted leaders of the "abilities" and the government comes to agreement that people with abilities will report their powers as long as their liberties and rights are not threatened by having such abilities. Later it will be made illegal to ask if you have special abilities when applying for a job.
From here there are two different time lines that could happen. The peaceful and the extreme.
Time Line 1
The people with "abilities" accept what is happening. Most lead their normal lives only using their "abilities" when they need to. Others will join forces with the military and law enforcement to help serve and protect. Some will see how their powers can be to help people others will of course use their own for personal gain. With luck people all over the world having powers this should help keep the balance of powers. There will be more problems with sabotage but security will be made stronger and people with ability will provide more protection. All in all the world will hopefully be a better place.
Time Line 2
Some people will accept the special people but most will persecute them. They will become freaks. Most people with powers realize with being more powerful they don't have to put up with other people. Soon the people with "abilities" strike back at their persecutors. Soon there will be martial law world wide. With all this inner turmoil country will strike against country. The world will destroy itself and the gift that had been given will have been for nothing.
This is a sad view but sometimes having a better opinion of society is hard. We would like to think that people would act and behave better. But sometimes thinking that is just naive.
Monday, January 28, 2008
1. What if...we never needed to use the bathroom?
2. What if...we mated with our legs like spiders?
3. What if...we could fly?
4. What if...we had wings and would our looks depend on them?
5. What if...there really was a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow?
6. What if...you woke up and everyone was gone?
7. What if...laptops could talk?
8. What if...animals could talk?
9. What if...you realized your entire life took place in virtual reality and it’s not real?
10. What if...the walls could talk?
11. What if...the hokey pokey is really what it’s all about?
12. What if...we had three legs?
13. What if...we all had superpowers?
14. What if...I had to keep going because there is no fifty?
15. What if...everything that is good for you actually tasted good?
16. What if...the weather was perfect all the time?
17. What if...the weather was terrible all the time?
18. What if...we walked everywhere on our hands?
19. What if...people just broke into a musical song and dance for no reason?
20. What if...masturbation really would make you go blind?
21. What if...we had eyes in the back of our heads but not the front?
22. What if...we had two left feet?
23. What if...farts smelled like roses?
24. What if...violets were red and roses were blue?
25. What if...we had tails?
26. What if...sexual reproduction was illegal?
27. What if...flies ate spiders?
28. What if…everyone was colored blind?
29. What if…the U.S. was communist?
30. What if…It was illegal to have emotions?
31. What if…we had telepathy?
32. What if…drugs were legal?
33. What if…everyone worked and lived in virtual reality?
34. What if…bunnies were predators?
35. What if…nudism was widely accepted?
36. What if…men had babies?
37. What if…men had stuff that came out of their nipples?
38. What if…all criminals were put on an island alone?
39. What if…all our rights were extremely limited?
40. What if…robots with artificial intelligence existed with us?
41. What if…everyone was short and rode dogs as transportation?
42. What if…it really did rain cats and dogs?
43. What if…we had an aura around our body to show our mood?
44. What if…we breathed through our ears?
45. What if…we had teleporters to travels places?
46. What if…we had gills to breathe under water?
47. What if…cats and dogs were considered a delicacy in the U.S.
48. What if…tomorrow aliens openly visited us?
49. What if…the earth was so polluted we had to wear suits and gas masks?
50. What if…the teacher just came into class and sat down and didn’t say anything for the whole class?
Monday, January 14, 2008
I even thought about coloring the prongs black and making a little face on it so it could be my buddy and maybe even help me with projects. But it wasn't something that I got around to. Instead I just showed my friends and bragged about what my homework was and how fun the class would be. But then my little pet poked, or bit, you could say, me, so like any pet it was put down. Not something that I wanted to do but if it bit other people I could have been in serious doodoo. So let's have a moment of silence and maybe a small prayer for the fork that could've been...Ok now that that's over here are some funny fork sayings.
We only spooned...We didn't fork.
The spork is the bastard child of the spoon and fork.
Want a Fork? (Say it really fast. Trust me)