Monday, April 14, 2008

Connect, Disconnect, Ctrl+Alt+Dlt

Connections. What are connections? Physical? Phone cord and phone jack? Penis and vagina? I have always found it interesting that most parts that connect to each other are known as the male and female. It's quite obvious why. I"m not sure when they were started being called these names for plugs and connectors or Tab A into Slot B. I just thank it's funny that a society that thinks things are too provocative, especially decades ago, are calling these parts male and female which clearly are references to the human body.

What about connections to each other? I grew up in North Vernon, Indiana. Right in the middle of Columbus, Seymour and Madison. It is the white speck on chicken crap. I was in the marching band, screw you I was only in it to be in jazz band. We went to Disney World and I rode a roller coaster that ended in an arcade. I'm in the arcade playing a racing game and a guy that I was in school with that wasn't in band walked up and starting talking to me. WTF? I'm across the country and I run into I know? It is a small world. So guys even if it is a different zip code don't cheat on your girl. Even if you're in Oregon through the connection of friends and relatives it can get back to your girl in even smalltown, Indiana.

With the popularity of MySpace and Facebook and what other mediums you kids use now a days connections are made even more. Though the strengths? feelings? between those connections are not as strong as before. Friends that you meet in person and hang out with the connection with them are stronger than someone you are friends with online. You can pour your heart and all your secrets to someone online but how can you be truly connected to them than someone you actually meet and hang out with. It's easy to tell your secrets out to someone that you don't see face to face because if they can't meet you how can they truly judge you?

No comments: