Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Today is Yesterday if Today was Tomorrow

Today was a pretty normal day. Though heading back to my car after class I had to take the well beaten path of the hill. The fence was the biggest waste of tuition money. I took a way that looked strong with pine needles as a strong bedding. Apparently I was wrong. The right foot slid and the left foot moved to correct balance but also slid. I ended up down. I felt embarrassed for a few minutes then laughed it off. Then was in total amazement that I didn't get dirty at all besides some mud on my shoes. A couple of my sketchbooks through themselves in my path to save me. So somehow today I was down and came away without any marks. It was a good day.

5 comments:

spyroterra said...

I have done the exact same thing, only my sketchbooks did not save me. My hands tingled from scraping the mud for an hour!

And I fell on the ice today! Gravity wins again!

modestalchemist said...

you know how they push the snow to the edge of the parking lots so all winter there are snow hills... well i was running late for work in the IT building. And that old physics side of my brain kicked in and told me to take the straightest path because it was obviously, according to physics, the shortest path... so anyway, up and over the hill i go. but oddly enough, the sidewalk on the other side is just a big sheet of ice. so as i came down the other side, my feet hit hard and slid out from under me thus causing my to fall on my head. I blacked out for like a minute or so.

I made it to work on time though!

but i had a headache for a week or so.

spyroterra said...

You know , that bump on the head explains so much!!! ;-)

A mouse just darted across the studio floor... Hmmm.... Guess I need a cat.

modestalchemist said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
modestalchemist said...

Ha ha thanks...

i just got a new kitty today... it's soooo cute! as soon as i get pictures, i'm posting them...

the grumpy old man dog of mine doesn't seem to like the kitty a whole lot though...