Monday, April 21, 2008

What's the sense? Who knows

Everyone likes to make a late fashionably late entrance. And so I start my late entrances to my blog. For my senses I did smell. I work in a factory. It's filled with sounds and sights. You have music playing plus the sounds of equipment and people and a loud conveyor. I was waiting for someone so I was stopped and waiting for them and I closed my eyes. I blocked the sights by my eyes being closed obviously and I went deep in my mind to block the sounds. I caught the strangest scent that I wouldn't expect in a factory. Pizza Hut. It smelled exactly like Pizza Hut. I was like wtf? Maybe because I like Pizza Hut that is what I related it towards. To me it was crazy. What the hell in a factory smells like that? I still have no idea. Made me very hungry. I tried this in other parts of the building and picked up some other familiar smells that I couldn't place but knew should not have been in a factory. It's not a huge exciting project but it was very curious how smells combined and made more familiar smells. It reminds me a lot of a guy in this schools project called The Pipe or Smellavision or something like that. And it's very interesting how smells can bring back memories and things that we have long forgotten.

1 comment:

modestalchemist said...

Ha ha that's awesome! that happens to me all the time at fedex. I'll smell something that shouldn't be there. I usually find out what it is though. Maybe someone ordered pizza, or just had pizza. One time i smelled Thai food, and then this huge broken jar full of peanut soy sauce came riding down the belt... it was great. work smelled like it for the whole week.

That smellovision pipe thing was done by Chauncy Freund (spelling?)